...the most trusted name in gold property listings
High-grade gold properties for sale
Exceptional & Uncommon
One of the rarest assets anyone could ever own.
$1,900 down / $749 mo. Terms
Sale price; $179,000
The best of all worlds!
Hunt for pocket gold, prospect the adits or work 1/2 mile of a gold-rich waterway. There's nothing quite like this offer anywhere in the U.S. An intriguing forgotten arena to prospect for large amounts of gold any time of year.
If you're looking for an outstanding group of unpatented gold properties located off the beaten path but not too far from operational provisions... A rare collection of gold claims that offers more than the usual area to prospect for good gold any time of year on a river that's well known for its big gold history and present-day gold discoveries, then this is a listing you might want to consider.
Information At A Glance...
- This group of gold properties is for anyone looking for a considerable area to prospect for gold in this historically gold-rich region. Pull right in to easy riverside meadows, take out your lawn chairs and all of your gold-finding equipment, and begin your gold prospecting vacations. This is a large collection of gold properties that may accommodate for smaller commercial operations &/or for the enjoyment of many casual gold mining activities.
This outstanding gold property collection has it all.
- Easily priced for a couple of families to own or a few partners to share. Large enough to split into several sections; sell a few and keep others, lease parts or all, hold sections or all for speculative reasons, etc.. If the moratorium on patenting is lifted, this collection could be worth millions. A collection this large offers its owner(s) much in the way of opportunity and many different options.
- Rare access off pavement to comfortable riverside meadows
- Nearly 1/2-mile of a well-documented gold-rich river
- Approximately 2-miles of gulch to explore
- History of a significant surface pocket gold discovery
Access / Accommodations
- 4WD is not necessary to access the property. Hard-surface (pavement) leads directly to a large open meadow area on the river - Great area for use as a base-camp. An old dirt road follows alongside Graham Gulch leading up to the adits/mines - accessible on foot as age & weather has taken its toll. The property is remote, vast, relatively easy to explore. The town of Etna is apprx. 40 miles to the northeast where gasoline, groceries, RV parks, laundry facilities, cafe's, and other accommodations are easily accessible.
- This extremely rare gold property group has highly favorable prospects for finding lots of high-grade gold. It offers exclusive anytime-of-year prospecting opportunities on more than one half mile of predominantly virgin current-day river bed and surrounding bench material to prospect. Small-scale / casual mining to more serious mining activities are abundant. The possibility for great gold reserves is excellent throughout.
- Every pool & boulder for this entire half mile stretch of river needs to be explored in & around for sizeable gold nuggets. Crevicing logical gold traps & panning that material down can reveal loads of big fat flakes, fines, & chunky gold nuggets. Surface mining, sluicing & sniping are other great ways for finding gold. Nice sized nuggets can get lodged in low-pressure areas in the river & all along the river banks. Detectors can be fun to use all along the river banks & on the high benches above. This is pocket gold country! where great gold can be found high & dry above the river. Look for signs for "bagging and tagging" up to the source. Wherever there is a gulch or any water that is cutting through the land, these water sources are known to cut through orebodies / unearth, and carry lots of gold.
- Recent News! It looks like dredging is coming back in 2019!
"we are in fact going to be dredging next spring"
- This is an outstanding dredging property. Samples ave.1/4 - 1 oz. Au p/d / 1 person / no rock mover / 5" dredge. Multi-pound seasons are not uncommon. Overburden pays handsomely. Once on bedrock, there's great potential for gold values to be tremendously rich. Findings indicate high platinum values along this river as well. The property is loaded with gold traps that can build over time into enormous pockets of gold. Any major storms should always be draining rich new high-grade material to this property. The claim should be carrying pretty heavy values.
- Aside from the potential for dredging and the excitement of finding gold by use of any number of casual gold-finding methods this group of gold properties also offers the possibility for strategic early stage surface and underground gold development projects where no attempt has been made to systematically explore for gold in this area. The tunnel areas are fairly well defined where the old timers began their operations. What might be extremely rewarding at this time is to investigate with some modern-day applications by use of simple sampling techniques using detectors and portable back-pack drills. Apart from the placers, it is stated that lode veins were found and mined in this area until about 1940. The lodes were said to have had both massive bodies and stringers which ran to high grade pockets. The area was active until around the start of World War II. Little prospecting has taken place since.
The richness of this region and the gold recovered is documented in multiple County, State, and Federal reports and documents. Every inch of this property needs to be prospected by modern means.
- Conservatively speaking, our river placer properties should contain thousands of ounces of fine gold within their boundaries as well as untold amounts of big fat flakes, jewelry-sized pickers, and very large specimen gold nuggets. Persistent panning should produce an aprx. pennyweight of gold per day using nothing more than a few basic hand tools. Any serious highbanking operation should result in the recovery of a minimum of 2-5 pennyweight a day, (1/8-1/4 oz.). Based on what we have recovered here and on several adjacent claims, any hard worker with a 5-in. dredge should result in an average recovery of 1/4 - 1 oz. of gold per day. This does not include hitting into rich paystreaks, finding specimen gold nuggets, locating gold-filled seams or cracks in bedrock or the abundance of richness that can be found on bedrock, or finding pockets / sources of gold. These are incredible values at today's prices, to say nothing of future bullish gold price speculations.
- Each property we offer for sale is situated in gold bearing land in a region where placer and lode mining operations have recovered (and documented) billions of dollars’ worth of gold. In most cases our mining claims will pay for themselves over and over again for decades to come. A past customer recovered approximately one-half of his purchase price in less than two weeks (of dredging) on his mining claim. He moved less than 30-linear feet of streambed. He has approximately 1,290-ft. left to mine (in the river), let alone prospecting any high bench material for placer, pockets, sources / lodes, overall. Currently there's a moratorium on dredging that is in ongoing litigation, In all probability this property is just getting richer as values continue to accumulate,
- This is pocket gold country! where very large gold specimens have been discovered.
A Metal Detectorist's Delight!
A 31-pound surface pocket was discovered on Graham Gulch!
Nearly $1/2-Million at today's gold price.
- It was reported that this miner wheeled his barrow from Trinity Center by way of Etna and Sawyers Bar, and struck a 31-lb. pocket of gold on Graham Gulch. (Apprx. $1/2M at today's gold price).
- Aside from the real possibility for additional surface pockets to be located, this documented discovery suggests there are larger secondary and third pockets that are yet to be found! What this entire area needs is a thorough going-over with today's modern detectors for the entire length of the gulch.
- This property is rare. A very small percentage of land in the lower 48 is known to contain this quality of richness in gold. Of all the gold claims in the U.S., only a few hundred people own gold properties of this caliber. This is a chance to own one of the very best gold claims in America.
- All things considered we are certain you will find this property fairly priced to sell. The price is based upon very positive values recovered on the property - upstream and downstream from the property, and on the current price of gold. This gold claim offers multiple opportunities for mining with great access overall in a remote section of the ancient river channel on a river that is known for its ongoing gold discoveries. The layout of the property is excellent in terms of access, camping, convenience, and challenge. The property has been virtually untouched by modern gold mining methods. We also offer terms -This should speak loudly of the confidence we have in the integrity of the gold properties we sell. Paying quantities of gold is guaranteed.
Rarely will you find one of these particular gold claims being offered for sale.
- What one most often finds in any historically productive placer gold mining area is that all the accessible good (mineral-in-character) placer ground is staked up and has been for decades with title maintained. In other instances, some unclaimed land may be "mineral-in-character", but the deposit is situated in extremely rugged utterly inaccessible terrain, steep-walled canyons, sometimes without even an access trail and/or miles from existing roads.
- This is a unique opportunity to own a first class collection of gold properties that provides excellent access to aprx.1/2 mile of waterway that is historically known as one of the richest gold producers in the United States - where owners find gold in paying quantities rather than just specks of color.This is an area where paying quantities of gold can be found within this property's ancient river gravels, that predominately remain virgin, and very rich in gold.
On A Personal Note;
With over 40-years mining history in this region, here's some of what Mike, Owner/ Founder of The Claim Post, has to say about these properties;
- Graham Gulch was one of the earlier discoveries on the South Fork dating back around 1900. There were various mines throughout it's course, and production was around 2,000 ounces of gold, much from shallow pockets. Some fissues were exposed and no doubt there are others that are near surface that have never been exploited. One individual discovered a surface pocket containing more than 300 ounces of high grade gold. It would be safe to assume that a great deal of gold from this gulch was never reported to anyone.
- The California Division of Mines lists three or four different mines in this area around 1900: The Wanda Group which consisted of several prospects and tunnels, The Last Chance Mine, & The Deerlick Mine. map For whatever reason, these claims were eventually abandoned, but around 1912, a Mr. Yokum filed a couple of claims in this area. We think it is the same Yokum that owned the settlement / store just downriver about half a mile, called; Yokumville.
- Then, around 1920, David Evans, (the uncle of Paul Evans who owned Glasgow Bar - a downriver unpatented piece... - Paul was also part owner of the patented river parcel named; The Missouri Bar, situated adjacent to the Glasgow Bar), filed over the Wanda Group area. He kept them until around 1980, and then Paul Evans filed the Quirt Group in this same area. I was on this property in 1988 and helped Paul put a load of steel pipe in one of the tunnels. He claimed the mines had been good to his uncle and that there were many undiscovered pockets and fissues within his mines. I was shown some nice specimens that had quartz wrapped around spongy looking gold. Paul was very secretive about things, but I sensed he wanted to show me much more.
- Paul really believed in these old properties and I think if his health would have been better, he would have pursued it till the end. I recall him saying that his Glasgow Bar would pay the bills, but that his Graham Gulch Mines would set him up for life. He died about 5 years later, and I don't think that any of his family (all daughters) were interested in gold mining.
- Looking back at the records, there have been a number of claims filed around this gulch. To me, this would indicate that there would be good potential here with modern prospecting methods such as metal detecting and deep penetrating locators. I believe that there were many small fissues within this entire system, and that collectively they contributed greatly to the deposits found down on the Salmon River.
- It would be reasonable to assume that a great deal of gold has traveled by way of Graham Gulch to the river itself. Less than 2 miles upstream, on the South Fork of the Salmon River, is where the Starveout Placer Mine is located, which was one of the largest hydraulic mines upon the Salmon River. This mine brought down thousands upon thousands of cubic yards of ancient bench material which was well known to carry good values of gold within it's gravels. We know that much of the finer gold was never captured through their longtoms, and simply went right on back into the river. This strip of the South Fork River also had many other placer mines upon high benches, and several were known producers according to CDM reports from this era.
- Rick Brooks owned a claim on the river in this same area called; The Tom Placer, from about 1980 till 2006. I never met the guy nor have I ever seen a dredge or any other kind of mining equipment on this property in all these years. ~
- Included with this sale: Three (3) contiguous unpatented mining claims
- Names: Graham Gulch, Last Chance, The Wanda Mine
- Apprx. acreage: 400 combined
- River length: Apprx. 2,000 Ft.
- Location: Klamath National Forest, Salmon River Mining District - South Fork of the Salmon River, Siskiyou County, CA
- CAMC Numbers: 0291857, 0295167, 0295168/ T39N R12W Sec 21,28,29,32 MDM
If the properties are so rich, why is The Claim Post selling (them)?
- We are a small independent company that has been conducting our own gold mining ventures in this area for many decades. Over the course of many years, we have worked hard to locate and secure the rights to a handful of high grade gold mining properties in this region; some of which, we are holding onto, and a few of which, we are offering for sale. Available mining properties in this region are rare. We invite you to consider the few mining properties we are offering for sale in this region.
The Salmon River region is an excellent source for finding lots of high-grade gold.
- If you're in the market for owning a great gold property, there is no place on Earth where you will find anything quite like this region. Two of the most successful mining clubs in the U.S. have concentrated their efforts in this area... this in itself speaks loudly of this regions' richness. This is a place with excellent potential for getting gold in your riffles every time... where the history of California's gold rush still lives on... where prospectors young and old can experience the thrill of finding gold in one of the richest gold mining regions in America.
If it's quality you seek, contact us when you're ready to own a gold property.
The Claim Post
T: (303) 827-3311
We show you gold right from the start.
Please be aware that mining claims are federally protected.
Anyone found prospecting a mining claim without express consent from the owner
can be charged with criminal trespass and theft.
Our properties are closely monitored.
Please be certain to contact us in advance before visiting any of our gold properties.
A World-Class Gold Property Listing
The Graham Gulch Gold Mines
3-contiguous unpatented mining claims - 400 combined acres
Salmon River Mining District - Siskiyou County, CA
In a region highly prized for its richness in gold
- 3-contiguous gold properties. 400 combined acres.
- $1/2 Million pocket found. Suggests there are more.
- Easy access off pavement to comfortable riverside meadows
- 1/2-mile of one of the richest river systems in the U.S.
- Approximately 2-miles of gulch to explore
Situated in the middle of 3 major wilderness areas...
Separated from the Redwoods only by the coastal range...
Vast beauty, Lesser-traveled, Adventure, Excitement...
Extreme Northern California's Gold Rich Salmon River Region
It's a wild place to explore
The Claim Post. High Grade Gold Properties For Sale. © Copyright 2003 to present. All rights reserved.